The Directory of Experts is a global, online community of expertise and support in civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) systems. This free tool is owned and run by the Centre of Excellence for CRVS Systems, housed at the International Development Research Centre (IDRC). We developed the Directory to support our mandate to help countries develop, strengthen, and scale-up their CRVS systems by providing access to expertise, networks, and knowledge.
Contact us with any questions you may have about your application, or if you want to provide us feedback about the Directory.
Who is the Directory for?
Governments and organizations can use the Directory to:
- Search for vetted experts to support their CRVS initiatives
- Post jobs and calls for proposals, and share research, news items, and more
- Discover CRVS knowledge, resources, news, events, and training
- Connect to experts and peers
Professionals and experts can use the Directory to hear about opportunities in CRVS, such as:
- Research projects
- Need for technical services
- Capacity building projects
- Networking with other professionals
You can also discover CRVS knowledge, resources, news, events, and training, as well as connect with peers and other experts.
We vet everyone who applies to be listed as an expert in the Directory. You’ll need to meet our requirements for experience, skill, and education. There are different requirements depending on which sector you belong to.
Please read more about the application and vetting process here.